Spartan Speedway - 2013 March Newsletter

Spartan Speedway event-info at spartanspeedway.com
Thu Mar 7 18:59:27 EST 2013

*This is a 2nd sending of the March Newsletter as we have became aware the
format was incorrect on some emails.*

Hello Everyone,

As usual I will start by saying that I wish I would do a better job with
the Spartan Speedway newsletter, especially since in this day and age
communication has evolved into one of the easier tasks.  When we started
the newsletter I thought we would have many *guest-writers *but once again
my assumption was incorrect.

Our 2013 season is slowly coming together very nicely.  The Spartan
tentative schedule is posted online and you can anticipate a couple of
changes so please check back once the season gets underway on April 26th.
By the way practice dates are April 20th and the 21st.

Some of you may be aware that Spartan Speedway purchased the Michigan
Legends from John Turnbull during the off-season.   The (now) Sawyers
Chevrolet SuperStore Michigan Legends will be brought to you by Turbo Blue
Racing Gasolines.  In addition to Legends car sales, parts and service this
season Spartan will also initiate a Banderlo division for ages 8 to 12.
Information regarding these race cars is at *www.michiganlegends. com.*
**
The Lipari Foods Spartan Stocks and BOSS Snow Equipment Pony Stocks
continue to add to their car counts which will improve the weekly show.
Our Spartan Sprints appear to be growing with their car counts increasing
also.  Personally I think we must have this program down pretty well based
on the fact that other race facilities are now following suit and adopting
Spartan Speedway's rules and procedures.

One plug I would like to make is for the Spartan Speedway fund raising
program.  The fund raising program has facilitated the generation of
thousands of dollars in around twenty different communities.  Basically the
non-profit group does all of the selling and leg work and Spartan Speedway
coordinates and facilitates the event. There is no cost and absolutely no
risk to the non-profit.  This program is in it's 6th season and is quickly
growing in popularity.  It is so easy that people often ask what the catch
is.

If you are a regular visitor at Spartan Speedway and happen to have a
business you would like to advertise please let me know, we have many
options.  The best value is the Lucky Number Program.  An ad in the program
cost $500 and includes 2 general admission passes which just so happens are
valued at $500.  The tickets can be handed out to anyone you wish, and
could easily be used as employee perks and customer appreciation gifts.

If you are reading this and would like to be a *guest-writer*, have a
comment or question please contact me at spartanspeedway at gmail.com.

See you in the Spring,

Jim Leasure