Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

The Figure 8 Race on Sunday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
racechick1984

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: The Figure 8 Race on Sunday Reply with quote

Hey guys some of you did a good job of not hitting people and everything but some of you need to learn about pushing and shuving. I thought that black flaging only a couple of cars that didn't need it was stupid but there were maybe two or three cars that really needed black flaged. I want to say good job to Gokee. I guess he did a good race alot of bumping and pushing to get to the top but I guess thats what he does to win.

I also want to say good job to Wayne Parkhurst and Ian Schafer they did a good job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NONEYA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think that the "winner" of the race should learn about pushing and shoving? You congratulate him for doing such a good job, but yet he was one of them that does this week after week?

83 was blacked flag for rough driving, which was not as bad as Gokee and a couple other guys and they repremand him and then if you get out of your car and punch someone and kick their car, hey you'll still get paid, that is the behavoir that shouldn't be tolerated.
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: 83... Reply with quote

I think the 83 was singled out because of his altercation with 112 (stick boy). every driver in that figure 8 class bumps and bangs, its give and take on everyones part.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
circle8track

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a quick correction it was Paul Schaffer in the figure 8, not Ian. Just thought "dad" needed a little recognition.
Pure Stock #8
2007 Spartan Speedway Track Champion
2006 Racin' and Rockin' Winner
NONEYA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was singled out for one altercation, wait isn't that guy a rookie? The vet's were getting warnings and what about him getting Banged in the rear when he was leading and getting pushed through that X? That's not right to bang someone through the X, I know that there is gonna be some bumps and bangs and that's what makes it exciting, but when you are putting someone in harms way that not cool man.
oldracer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does spartan speedway want more cars or not? If so they sure aren't doing a good job. The 83 driver was a rookie and it was his third race, he gets black flagged for one tap, yet a vetran driver can bang his way to the finish, and not even get a warning? 74, 80x, 57, 112, and x7 they all bang their way to the front, and nothing happens to them?
cajracing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that....I'm a rookie myself this year...and I have done a little bumping, but not on purpose, and I've been yelled at by officials.....and as for losing cars there, that's probably part of the reason....I know that's why I don't race there anymore. I am tired of constantly fixing crash damage on my car from being run over and not having enough time to maintain it. Springport is much easier on my car, and it's a more friendly environment I think, but that's just my opinion!

Steve
iluvracing84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that cracks me up is everyone sees the figure 8 differently. We all watch certain cars, or miss things that happened. People end up arguing about who hit who, and who drove a clean race, and who just tore everyone's crap up. Obviously the people that get black flagged every week are doing something wrong. The figure 8 is going to have some banging. How can you not go through those 90 degree or maybe less turns without getting into someone? And everyone wants on the inside of a turn, but on the turns on the other side of the track they have to switch sides so they can get on the inside of that turn.
I saw something that definitely shouldn't have been done, and that was over in turns 3 & 4, near the pits. Someone (either the 80 or his buddy 83) just came right to the outside on purpose and smashed into the car on the outside of him, and then that car purposely came back down and smashed into the guy who had just hit him. That sh*t shouldn't be going on. You can't just try to take everyone out so that you can win. That just wouldn't be considered racing. It's called racing because you need to manuever yourself to the front, strategize, and figure out the best way to get past everyone. Knocking them into next week just won't do it!
As I was down getting my picture taken with my brother Jim after his win, I heard a fan yell "Why didn't you f*cking hit somebody tonight, that's how you're supposed to race the figure 8, you don't deserve the win! BOOO!!!" .... I am not kidding about this. This fan, came up to the fence, and decided to swear and throw a fit because Jim didn't smash and bash and take everyone out to win the race.
Now, a note to all of you who like to start sh*t. Don't start posting messages to me about how Jim didn't drive a clean race, or whatever, because I am NOT stating my opinion on here about how he drove, I am just telling you what a fan of racing said.
Mopar93

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fan yelling from the stands has probably been to too many "Demolition Derby Figure 8" races. Those kind of people don't understand this is not a demo derby but rather it's a real race with an added thrill in the center.

-Maurice
iluvracing84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Maurice. I guess I'm just trying to make a point that a lot of people don't know exactly what goes on with a figure 8 race, they just like to see some action. But from my point of view, with so many members of my family racing, it is a very different perspective. It is very scary to watch some of the drivers out there drive like maniacs, when you know that someone you care for could get hurt from their stupidity. And yes I know that every driver is taking a risk when they drive the figure 8, but some things happen out there that don't need to happen, such as the just plain reckless driving. I guess that's all I'm trying to say.
NONEYA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fan was obviously ignorant and should have been taken care of. I would have given that fan a piece of my mind!!!! If he wants to see smash and crash, he should stay at the fair and watch the Demo's!! Smile
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: fan... Reply with quote

Ya I was down there too and I looked at this kid....and it was a kid, maybe 16-18 years old, maybe a little older, but looked and acted like a teenager. Cheri gave him the a ripping and he shut up. The ignorance of some people is mind boggling
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
seadorfj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just trying to figure this out and NOT trying to start sh** on here, but in the roundy-round race when the lead car is putting the last car a lap down, the flagman motions to the last car to get down, so the lead car can SAFELY pass, correct me if I'm wrong here. And in the altercation between the 83 and the 112 in turns 3&4, the 83 car WAS LEADING THE RACE! And from my viewpoint ( I sit right at turn three about half way up) when the 83 tryed to pass to put the 112 a lap down, the 112 drove right into him. Also would like to add, that that race was only the third race for the 83, and the only one he has actually finished. I know you had posted that everyone sees the situation differently, so I am just giving my educated second opinion on the situation. As for the jerk that was saying that to Jim, he's obviously has no idea what real figure 8 racing is, and should stay at the fair!

PS...congrats on the baby!
gokeegang

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is to every one know who thinks James Clark in the 83 car is a rookie I just thought I would let you kno that he ran a full figure 8 season at the Dixie motor speedway about 5 years ago so I don't see how you consider him a rookie.
P.S. where are the points posting for last Sundays Figure 8 race?
NONEYA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um.....Has 83 he ever driven before at Spartan? Dixie and Spartan have totally different tracks and different rules, so I would consider him a rookie at Spartan, maybe not at Dixie. Thats the way it is with the pros isn't it? Just because you have raced before doesn't mean you are not a rookie.

Why does it take so long to get points/results on here? Isn't it pretty much figured out at the end of the race?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Figure 8 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: