Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Dual exhaust vs Single exhaust
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuck ewing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I wrote the rules single exhaust meant 1 O.E. type crossover, 1 single exhaust pipe 1single inlet muffler 1 tailspout at lease 6in.behind driver seat, Everybody that read that rule has had no problem understainding what I meant,
Gusey Racing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 and 2 only.

I'm not buying a stock cross-over.
I changed my duals last year into a single exhaust using an old junk cross-over Y and and pieced it together. It was a VERY cheap fix. The car might stay on the trailer for awhile If I have to buy a stock cross-over.
Mopar93

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem we have right now is that I interpreted Chuck's wording incorrectly and have told someone how they can build their exhaust. I told someone that as long as there is one single outlet it would be OK. That would allow someone with dual exhausts to easily convert their system over to a single outlet exhaust by adding a y-pipe behind the existing two pipes. It's cheap and quick.

In the previous messages in this particular message thread, nobody seemed to have a problem with doing that. Either way, it's a single outlet system with all of the exhaust exiting out one pipe.

It's going to be up to Jim and Chuck to make a final ruling on this one and we will ammend the rulebook to more clearly define how the exhaust system should be. Whatever is decided for Spartan Speedway will also be done at Springport.

-Maurice
Gusey Racing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How soon will the ruling be made?

I should have mentioned also that I only have a single muffler now also.
chuck ewing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Gusey,Your fab front crossover is good as long as you only have one exhaust pipe and one single inlet muffler and single outlet
Mopar93

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's what Jim has decided and it should be fair to everyone, and we will adjust the wording in the rulebook to make this more clear.

You must have one muffler. Two mufflers are not allowed.

The single muffler must have one inlet and one outlet. Mufflers with dual inlets are not allowed.

You can run an OE type crossover or you can fabricate your own exhaust between the engine and the muffler as long as the two pipes are joined together ahead of the muffler.

There must be a tailpipe at least 6 inches long and no larger than 2.5 inch OD.

Now, with that wording, the exhaust that Adam made for his car last year is legal. Likewise, anyone else with dual exhausts can cut their pipes in front of their mufflers, build a y-pipe to join them together similarly to what a crossover pipe would accomplish, and then attach a single muffler with a single tailpipe. Or just do like Adam did, leave one side like it is and cut the other pipe ahead of the muffler and run an extension from there over to the other pipe just in front of the muffler.

That basically fits with Chuck's original intentions on the exhaust rule.

Two weeks to go...let's get them ready!

-Maurice
Gusey Racing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck and Maurice for clearing that up. My exhaust is legal.

Very Happy Cool Smile
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: muffler... Reply with quote

That was what I was gonna do all along. I thought it was all taken care of. What I was gonna do would have been legal anyways. Good to have a clarification.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: