Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Dual exhaust vs Single exhaust
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gusey Racing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't cost me very much to change mine over from dual to single last year so I was legal.
Russ Potter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,
The rules for 2007 ARE the rules. You say there are some of our drivers that are wanting to run the duals too. I would like to run 50 series tires too. I would like to run springs like the RWD do. I would like to , I would like to, I would like to, but SORRY, the RULES do not allow it. This issue sounds like something that should be discussed at the drivers meeting for 2008. Lets drop this nonsense and get to racing within the RULES that were discussed and approved in the 2007 drivers meeting.

Russ
monzilla80

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Russ. Ive worked 6 months to make my truck Pure Stock legal. I didnt fight any rules. I would like stuff changed. I have already spent money to conform my truck to follow the rules. If you want to race in the Pure Stock class, spend the money and follow the rules like the rest of us already have.
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this thread as nothing more than Chuck running something up the flag pole that he had been asked several times and that he was just doing his job to inquire. The exhaust rule is now what it is going to be, however from time to time if some minor tweaking is needed, we have left that option in the rules, at least in the Pony and Pure Divisions. Right now the rules appear to be in decent order.
Bardenracing42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little baffled that we would even be discussing this at this point. We agreed to (for the most part) not mess with the rules too much, just tweak here and there, and now less than a month before the season starts we are talking about rule changes? I think this is exactly what has frustrated drivers so much in the past.
I have tried to look at this from both the perspective of a driver and a tech official, and either way I just can't see it being good (or fair) business to make a change of this nature this late in the game.
Again, I think any discussions about rule changes from this point forward should be geared for the 2008 season. We've picked our prom dates, now let's dance.
Russ Potter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said Brian

Russ
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 Galesburg guys want to race..

They can do everything to meet our rules (assuming this is true) except they have dual exhausts.

They are willing to restrict their exhaust all the way down to 1 3/4 (or even 1 1/2 if that's what necessary) so they are on an even playing field or perhaps even fighting an up hill battle..

It doesn't disadvantage a single Springport Regular..

Why isn't everyone in favor of this ?

Its 20 extra pit passes (or an extra $500 to the bottom line) if each driver brings one pit guy; and if they each bring 2 grand stand people.. that's an extra 20 people in the stands.. another $200 in OUR purse.. A total of $700 revenue (or more if they eat concessions) to SPRINGPORT MOTOR SPEEDWAY.

Do you guys not trust the tech guys of being capable of evening the field?

I don't get it.
Mopar93

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the rules, nothing is going to change. It's going to be single exhaust this year just like the rules state. If someone wants to come and race at our track during our regular race nights, they MUST run single exhaust. Thank you for everyone's opinion.

On the other hand, we will have two Pure Stock Invitationals at Springport and four at Spartan this year. Those particular races will allow Pure Stocks from other tracks to come and race with us without having to pay a registration fee. We'll all have fun during those nights competing with drivers from other area tracks.

For the Pure Stock Division, the Invitational rules are much stricter than the Sportsman and Pony Stocks. They must conform to our rules for the most part, however, they can deviate slightly such as with the exhaust, if their home track rules allow it. It will be up to us officials to inspect each individual car and make a determination as to the competitiveness of that particular car.

If we feel that the car is much more than what we are running as Pure Stocks, we always have an option. Illegal Pure Stocks can race with the Sportsman cars. We don't have to send anyone home.

There are some things we specifically will not allow during the Invitationals. We won't allow a Street Stock to try and pass off as a Pure Stock. We will be strict on the tires. We won't allow a locked rear end, period. It's too much of an advantage getting off the corners as well as getting into the corners. We might let dual exhaust slide provided the rest of the car complies performance-wise. We might add additional weight or add exhaust restriction. We'll make that determination on a case by case basis. Anyone wishing to race at our Invitationals should call or email first for specifics.

You can find the Invitational rules here.

-Maurice
chuck ewing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY DRIVERS:: I was not suggesting we do any RULES CHANGING ,I was only asking a question about what our drivers thought,You guys all feel that I was going to change the rules ,You obviously didnt read or understand my first post?? I only asking DUAL EXHAUST vs SINGLE.
Russ Potter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,
If you re-read your first post you asked for input as a decision will be made by April 1st. That sounds to me like a possible rule change. This is a dead issue now and hope all can put it behind us and concentrate on the upcoming season.
Russ
Dennis ONeil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the easiest way to deal with this is to let a car from another track, that has dual exhaust as it's ONLY infraction of our rules, run one night. If they choose to come back for a second night they would have to have single exhaust. I've been to many tracks through the years and this has always been the way our cars were looked at.

"A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE.............WORKS BETTER WHEN OPEN"
Mopar93

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just brought to my attention that there is still a big issue over this exhaust problem.

Here's three possible exhaust designs:

1. Single exhaust with a stock-type crossover pipe where the two pipes are joined together near the front and then a single pipe runs back into one muffler with one tailpipe.

2. Two pipes running further back and then joined together into one muffler with one tailpipe.

3. Two pipes running further back into two mufflers and then joined together into one single tailpipe.

In each case, there is one single exhaust outlet where the last 6 inches of the tailpipe has a maximum of 2.5 inch OD.

Should only #1 be allowed?
Should #1 and #2 both be allowed and not #3?
Should all three be allowed?

Personally, I thought we were all done with this exhaust issue as long as there was one single outlet and the exhaust was quiet enough, but apparently we're not done with it. I've been told that a number of people have an issue with allowing #3 to be used.

What does everyone else think?

-Maurice
wwdp75x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

# 1 olny if you where at the car show you would know the real reason SOME people want it changed. the rules are rules
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 stock only !
jenks raceing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a stock class and there are not to many vehicals that com with true duel exhaust that im aware of. # 1 is the only choice
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: