Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

What about Brian Beckner??? Home Page article

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItMovin79

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: What about Brian Beckner??? Home Page article Reply with quote

In checking this weeks update article on the
Home page I realized that you mentioned the third
And fourth place in points for Pony A, yet totally failed
to talk about the seasons champion at all. Or for that matter
the second in points brother of his, or the fact that three
Of Beckner Racings finest finished in the top 5.
Talking about Westfail and Peeny instead of giving credit to
A guy who wins the championship( which was mentioned is hard to do
This was extremely disrespectful to the racer and the race fans. Beckner Racing brings it every week and have helped lots of people at the track
And you can't even mention Brian. PAThetic
Rand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I admire your passion and thanks for reading. However, you need to lighten up a little; not everything is a conspiracy.

I am usually writing these new website articles late Sunday night. In this case it was completed at midnight. I have a full time job during the week, and besides Spartan on Fridays also attend the races at Flat Rock Saturday nights. I have been to a race track 35 times so far this season, so as you can tell I've been busy. (not complaining Cool ).

This was a particularly long race recap article because I had to discuss the championship as well as the race for eight divisions. I actually have to write two versions every week as I send a condensed article to a wide variety of media outlets as well.

Monday morning, I realized that I inadvertently left out the Pony Stock A championship. Brian had a healthy points lead and it wasn't a nailbiter like the Late Model and Pony B were. I don't have rights to edit the website myself, I have to submit a correction to the webmaster. I did that and it was corrected first thing the next morning. Not the first error I made this season (ask Marciniak Smile ) and certainly not the last.

I have mentioned Brian and Wayne throughout the season and specifically talked to them this last Friday, congratulated them on their season and how much I enjoyed the division. FYI, in my previous race report, I specifically mentioned that Brian and Wayne were 1 & 2 in points, so it isn't like I am ignoring them. I think Westphal and Heeney won five times each this year and finished 1, 2 in the race, so no surprise I gave them a well deserved mention.

I have been attending short tracks for over 25 years, but this was my first season at Spartan. I have no history here, am not part of any cliques, nor do I have any agenda other than seeing great racing and getting to know everyone. There were only two drivers I knew before this season. Chris Hettinger left partway through the season, and Steve Prucnell is a close friend of a close friend.

To those of you who have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome this year, I really appreciate it, but unfortunately the season went way too fast and I didn't get to know everyone as well as I would have liked.

Writer for Spartan Speedway
PR Director of the MARFC
Pit Tour Coordinator for MIS
Rand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan was man enough to stop me in the pits last night to apologize. I appreciate his sincerety, and respect him for taking the time to do so. We talked for awhile and I know he was just showing loyalty to his friends. I more than anyone can appreciate that.

Writing the weekly website stuff isn't as easy as it appears sometimes. I do the very best I can to describe the races accurately & fairly, and to make sure I recognize everyone for a job well done. Unfortunately with all the divisions and action every week, it is not always possible to mention everyone. Trust me, I admire every single one that races for the hard work and dedication they put into the sport. If I don't give everyone that credit they deserve, it is not intentional nor meant as a jab.

The one thing I really appreciate is knowing that people are reading it and paying attention (and hopefully enjoying it) The worst thing as a writer is not knowing if anyone is even reading my articles, so to all of those who have approached me to tell me how much they enjoy reading them, it means a lot to me.

Writer for Spartan Speedway
PR Director of the MARFC
Pit Tour Coordinator for MIS
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rand, I enjoy the articles you have written throughout the season. I especially liked the article about the racers first vehicles. Keep up the good work and hopefully the winter wont last too long.
John Ward
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: