Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

New team member for 2012 Chance Rice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
governor72

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: New team member for 2012 Chance Rice Reply with quote

Man did I stir the pot on MSTRC when I made a post about maybe having an open seat for 2012! In the last few days we have gone into warp speed so to speak. I have had many send me e-mails and offer their services, some were kind of tempting. My daughter once told me I should have been a teacher, as I like to help people learn new things, so we are about to embark on a whole new chapter for Governors Motor Sports / Beacon Sales

After conversation today with Bob and Chance Rice it appears I will have a new team member for 2012. They are ready to move him up into a modified and seem willing to give the help in the shop and other areas that will be needed to make this a 2 car team.

I have yet to digest all this kid has accomplished in his young racing carrier, but it appears he has a bright future ahead. If we can help him in any small way to reach his goals it will be an honor as he seems on track to do more than what I have been able to do.

Come to find out he lives maybe 3 miles from me and he and his dad are willing to help in the shop and learn a new class. This may only be a 1 or 2 year deal as he will need to move up to another level as he continues to further his racing goals, but we will do all we can to help him achive what ever lies ahead.

This Mod class will provide a new challange that comes with moving to a light higher HP V8 car vs the Legend car he has had great success with, but it sounds like they are up for the challange.

Who knows this young kid may give this old man a reason to spend more time in the shop and raise the bar some. Looks like we will have a very busy off season. One car needs finished and after todays crash one needs repaired or replaced and a new power plant for Chance will be going on the drawing board.

Stay tuned for updates!

And by the way Chance will be headed to Las Vegas next month to defend his 2010 National Legend's Series title, so we will keep an eye on that.

Gov

A Passion for Modified Racing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: