Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Pure Stock Rule Question/Suggestion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flying14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to look on mstrc, but Jeff Specifically stated that racing springs would be ok as long as they met those requirements. i'll have to search for that tonight
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flying14 wrote:
I'll have to look on mstrc, but Jeff Specifically stated that racing springs would be ok as long as they met those requirements. i'll have to search for that tonight

The rules as written do not disqualify racing springs

G. SUSPENSION: a) welded or posi-traction rear ends allowed. b) No frame alterations of any kind, will allow rear frame rails to be replaced with square tubing if rusted out, discretion of OWS official's. Front springs must be the same on both sides and equal. Rear springs must be the same on both sides and equal. No spring blocks, spacers, or cups allowed. The track at any event at any time may ask you to swap your springs. c) All trailer hitches and like add-ons must be removed from the vehicle. d) Drive shaft loop 1/3 of the way from the front of driveshaft is mandatory (chain OK).
Pearson26

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The techs last year stated racing springs are ok and never said anything about having an even spring split either. The only thing they are picky about is spring spacers which I wish they would re think that rule. Yes these are "PURE STOCKS" but they are also supposed to be an entry level begginers class with budget in mind. Last time I checked steel was cheap and makeing a few spacers is only a matter of a little labor. Also it helps teach us how to set up the car and gets the car around the track much better therfore giving the crowd a better show. Jim please let us run spring spacers, they are cheap and easy and how else are we suppose to learn how to set up the car for future progression in racing classes.
Pearson26

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya, does anybody have Jon McNetts # Im trying to get ahold of him about getting my frame straitened, Thanks
flying14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pearson26 wrote:
The techs last year stated racing springs are ok and never said anything about having an even spring split either. The only thing they are picky about is spring spacers which I wish they would re think that rule. Yes these are "PURE STOCKS" but they are also supposed to be an entry level begginers class with budget in mind. Last time I checked steel was cheap and makeing a few spacers is only a matter of a little labor. Also it helps teach us how to set up the car and gets the car around the track much better therfore giving the crowd a better show. Jim please let us run spring spacers, they are cheap and easy and how else are we suppose to learn how to set up the car for future progression in racing classes.

As much as I'd love to see spacers allowed because it is a learning thing and a cost savings, makes finding springs much easier and cheaper, i just don't for see it changing any time soon. it makes all the sense in the world to allow us at least steel spacer shims. however i don't see that changing at all. i guess these are the rules we're given and the rules we'll play by.
Pearson26

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you said it would be much cheaper. I feel that this rule is assinine. The only thing this rule does for us is make us buy many more $50 springs to search for a set up that still might not be as good as it could be.
Ben Hidy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are a couple of shims gonna hurt? Cut the things out of aluminum, and make use of scrap metal. It is an easy way to let beginners learn the benefits of wedge and how to set up a racecar. Find me a car that doesnt have shims...then look at where they finish Wink JMO
bone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

350 chev water pump pulleys are what we used for spring spacers way back when. always layin around the garage and they come in 1,2,3 groove thicknesses. work great. they should be allowed in the rear.

engines...really should be make to make only. if i find a delta 88 w a 307 init, running it against a caprice w a 350 makes no sense. 350 chevs keep costs down all by themselves if there teched.

same note...ford...granada/LTD (not that anyone runs them) some came
with a 250 inline 6, should be able to swap in a 302/351

stay with whats plentifull to keep finding parts easy = more cars on the track
GET BENT
J_Tucker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think shims should be aloud its cheep and easy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: