Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Pony Figure 8 Races For 2010??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Pony Figure 8 Races For 2010?? Reply with quote

Am I reading the new schedule wrong or are the Pony cars not running any Figure 8 races??

The Slugfest appears to only be the pure's for the figure 8.......

The Ponie's sure as heck put on an excellent show too, just ask the crowd's......

Just was wondering.........I had a blast on my first one in 2009 and wanted to run some more in 2010, maybe even give the " Grass Master " a run for the money.....lol,lol.....

Todd Sr.
1st and only automatic pony in the 15's
Team Never Dead Racing Team Beacon
If you are not having fun while racing, Adjustments are definitely needed !!!!!
rooster07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pony figure 8s were always a blast to watch. Watch out "grassmaster" I hear there's gonna be a suprise car with a suprise driver racing with ya.
flying14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rooster07 wrote:
The pony figure 8s were always a blast to watch. Watch out "grassmaster" I hear there's gonna be a suprise car with a suprise driver racing with ya.

Yeah, Matt is gonna let me run his car in the figure 8 lol.
rooster07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which car ya wanna run and I'll send you the bill haha. If I was older I would run 1 in the figure 8s.
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pony Figure 8 Races For 2010?? Reply with quote

todd metz sr. wrote:
Am I reading the new schedule wrong or are the Pony cars not running any Figure 8 races??

The Slugfest appears to only be the pure's for the figure 8.......

The Ponie's sure as heck put on an excellent show too, just ask the crowd's......

Just was wondering.........I had a blast on my first one in 2009 and wanted to run some more in 2010, maybe even give the " Grass Master " a run for the money.....lol,lol.....

Todd Sr.

Hi Jim,

I was wondering the same thing that this guy was............lol, lol........
ken#8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: figure 8 for the ponys Reply with quote

Jim you dont plan on US running the 8 this year? we had alot more cars then the pure stocks ..... please let us know ASAP
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked back at the results for the 09 Pony F-8 and they are not there, I will have to ask Jim B. where they went to. I wanted to get a car count. If I remember right the Ponies were pretty strong at the beginning of the season but not at the end and the Pures were the exact opposite.

It is nice to have the schedule set in stone but if there is enough interest we can put them in some where, I just need to be sure there are enough cars.

Once Jim B. gets back and I can find the Pony car count at the end of the season lets take another look.

Thanks
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Leasure wrote:
I just looked back at the results for the 09 Pony F-8 and they are not there, I will have to ask Jim B. where they went to. I wanted to get a car count. If I remember right the Ponies were pretty strong at the beginning of the season but not at the end and the Pures were the exact opposite.

It is nice to have the schedule set in stone but if there is enough interest we can put them in some where, I just need to be sure there are enough cars.

Once Jim B. gets back and I can find the Pony car count at the end of the season lets take another look.

Thanks

Hi Jim,

Any decision yet?????

I am trying to decide on my schedule and commit to it for my sponsors for 2010. They want to know where and when I am going to be racing at and I am in the process of finalizing my track selections and dates for them.

The sooner you can let us know about your decision to include the pony stock class in the figure 8 races or not to include them, would make it a lot easier to include them in my schedule and commit to racing them.

Due to my son talking me into running one last year, I got hooked on them like he is too........lol, now I understand why he likes running them so much........

That should be a draw for the fans, father and son racing against each other shouldn't it?

Maybe we can get the Harbenskie's to both do the father and son race too???? I bet that Jim and Brad would like to race against each other and see if dad or son are the better driver.....I already know if my son or I am the better driver......lol,lol...

Thank you,

Todd Sr.
ken#8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim and Brad are Grandfther against grandson not father and son
I also have been asked by my sponsors WHY NO FIGURE 8s for us like they said we make the evening with the excitement alot more then the pures do ... I think its a big mistake to take us out of the sunday shows.
I think the fans will be disappointed in this decision .. TIME WILL TELL
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ken#8 wrote:
Jim and Brad are Grandfther against grandson not father and son
I also have been asked by my sponsors WHY NO FIGURE 8s for us like they said we make the evening with the excitement alot more then the pures do ... I think its a big mistake to take us out of the sunday shows.
I think the fans will be disappointed in this decision .. TIME WILL TELL

My mistake on Jim and Brad Embarassed

I think that is even better, Grandpa and Grandson so cool!!!!!

I have the same thing ask too, " No figure 8 ponie's this year what the heck are they thinking??? " I have heard that by my sponsors and a lot of fans.
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not done with the schedule. I think we MAY have some Pony F-8 dates, but it probably isn't going to be a lot of them. Here is the Pony F-8 car count for 2009:

5/17 11
6/21 14
7/19 11
8/16 11
9/06 10

We could live with that but more cars would be much better for the show. One problem I think we have is that drivers don't want to take a chance on wrecking their cars. Pure Stocks are typically repairable, where as a Pony that takes a hard hit could be bound for the salvage pile. Am I wrong?
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most cases a hard hit with a Pony will mean lots of repair or the junk pile, it depends alot on the owners mechanical ability on what he can do. Ive seen a few ponys that were thought to be junk return to the track and be just as fast.
ken#8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim how many pure stocks were there ? and yes its possible you could total out a car but also total out the car just as fast on the oval hitting the wall or have what happened to me at I96 on the oval when a car spins and you are sandwiched like i was as far as im concerned its all part of racing you take a chance on something going wrong.. common since in the figure 8 is needed and the drivers door has to be protected at all times driver door has the right of way reguardless if you are the fastest or the slowest let the drivers decide weather they want to take a greater risk of totaling out the car on the figure 8 this is just my opinion... Ken
Big Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit Jim, I have been asked this question many times also. Whether it is a fan, or a driver. The fans I have conversed with LOVE them, and feel if we got the same amount of cars as years past. it would be more than sufficient.

As far as drivers go, I'll just take the Auto City Banquet last Saturday night as an example. With their limited Hornet Schedule (just 5 races) there seems to be a lot of interest in the Sunday Slugfest shows, which would give these drivers of these cars 5 more races this season in the area. Now, add the Pony Figure 8, and that doubles, and it also makes it much more enticing for a team if they can double their payout for a night. That was one of the most asked questions I got last Saturday.

Just passing along information for you, and my own opinion, BOSS!!!

Big Ed
flying14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Jim the pures are more repairable. however if given the choice to watch Loony Metz run the pony f8 or watch Chadillac run the pure F8 i'd rather watch metz. who else do you see get enough air over the grass to clear someone laying on the track?

I don't know if i'll take my Pure in the F8 or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Figure 8 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: