Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

am i ready to go

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jj7ski

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: am i ready to go Reply with quote

i baught a 87 monte carlo over the weekend and it was complety built for racing already, its set up for mt. pleasant spwy and was wondering if i need to make alot of changes to pass inspection at spartan.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you might find this information helpful, it came from another message board where a person asked about setting up a dirt car for pavement.

from : http://shorttrackthunder.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8574

Quote:
You need to take some lead off the rear and put it on left . as much left side weight as you can get . 58 % cross 49% rear 60% left side 750 lf 800rf 225 lr 225 rr about 3/4 stager in front 3 in rear . I took a winston car to the super shoe one year and went 14.3

There was also a thread here : http://www.mstrc.com/index.php?showtopic=28746

Quote:
springs 800- 1000 in front. rears 250 lr 200 lr. make sure front lowers are level about 7.5 rf to ground 7 left front. starting points
Drake Racing 14 28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patricks advice is sound advice. just cruise through the rules and make sure your good, we'd love to have you come down and run.
jj7ski

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice. I am a little unsure about a couple other things though. for instance there is no windsheild and it only has two door bars on the passenger side, is this a problem?
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably get by with the 2 door bars this week but you should put in a bar as soon as you can, You must have a windshield, either stock or a lexan windshield, dont think they will let you run without one for safety reasons.
John
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Carson runs every week without a windshield...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: