Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

brian heeney memorial race

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock the Kazmar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: brian heeney memorial race Reply with quote

bill, i have a question about the brain heeney memorial race. when we stop for our fuel break, what do you say about allowing minor adjustments such as wedge, sway bar, and air pressure adjustments to be made? i know we are no where near being nascar, but they don't always have a good car at the start of the race, but by the end of the race they might be fast because of the adjustments they make by means of pit stops. since the fuel break is the closest thing we get to a pit stop in our level of racing, i just thought that it would be a good way to make for a better race in the last 50 laps. and things like wedge, sway bar, and sway adjustments are things that all 3 could be done with 1 crew member within 10 minutes, which is about how much time we usually get.
ron1r31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no
CC32

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the fastest car gets faster after adjustments at the half, it may not help the show. Really it's a crap shoot. It could make the racing better, stay the same, or make it worse.
The race could be all of these without allowing adjustments at the half.

I like the idea of allowing adjustments just because it will give me the chance to improve the car.

Ron,
Why the flat out "NO"?

Brian
spartanfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would say no. Have your car right before the race. If your car is not handling just drive it like Brian would have!
Rock the Kazmar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you realize how hard it is to set up a car to be good all the way through a 100 lap race? i am just saying, a sway bar adjustment, or a wedge adjustment, or a tire pressure adjustment would be helpful. especially if you have a decent car and all you need is a minor adjustment to make you a little better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: