Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Rough driving

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mopar93

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Rough driving Reply with quote

Pony Stock Figure-8 Drivers,

Let's tone it down on the rough driving. You must remember that the cars being used are normal oval track cars. Let's keep them from getting all tore up. It's OK to cut it close at the intersection without touching, but let's not get carried away bumping on other parts of the track, either.

Take a look at a portion of the regular Figure-8 rules from the rulebook, this will also apply to the Pony Stock Figure 8:

d) If in the event the flagman determines any competitor caused an accident or by any action caused another competitior to lose positions by means of unsafe and deliberate driving, a red flag will stop the race and that competitor will be black flagged (disqualified). That competitor will lose all money and points for that night.

Remember the above rule this weekend, everybody.

-Maurice
ken#8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: rough driving Reply with quote

well I was just wondering when the FLAGMAN is going to do his JOB along with the spotters that see what has happened and nothing being done about it???? I understand the flagman cannot see the whole track all the time thats why we have spotters and I feel the spotters should have the right to tell the flagman to throw the red and tell him what he or they saw and take actions instead of just saying its in the rules we all know the rules are there but are not always inforced or followed.........
just my opinion Ken
Mopar93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,

Enforcing rules is not as easy as it sounds, especially during some hot racing action.

The first thing that must be done is to make all the drivers aware of what certain rules are. That's why I posted the first message in this particular thread.

Once the drivers are aware that they might get disciplined for rough driving, the rule is much easier to enforce. When 95 percent of the drivers obey the rough driving rule, the rough ones will stick out like a sore thumb.

Sometimes, it is also hard to distinguish the difference between good hard racing and rough driving.

I don't want to see these Pony cars all tore up in the Figure-8 races this weekend (we've got two of them), so let's just put on a good show for the fans and keep the driving clean. Just make it look like there's some close calls at the intersection. The fans like close calls.

-Maurice
Bill Lackey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Dollarhite from and earlier post:

"I was wondering the same thing......
nothing but complain complain complain.....
If you are that unhappy Deb try bowling....
everything you have posted has been in a negative whining dont you have anything better to do with your time ???????????????"

Maybe you ought to follow your own advise and quit your whining. Most of your posts on here from the past has been complaining about officiating. Or better yet, become a spotter because you seem to think anyone can do it........or go bowling with Deb.
Jim B

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken..... If you have a problem with the officiating or other concerns, you should talk directly to the Race Director, that's what he is there for.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. Bill.. way to lay the smack down.

Sorry Kenny.. you know I'm your bud, but Bill pulling out the quote from the old board was sweetness.
ken#8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey maybe you misunderstood me or I put it in the wrong way ..I have no problems with the flagman as i stated earlier he cannot see everything that happens...
ken#8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW mr. lackey I wonder why I had to complain so much back then ??
I really miss that MYWAY OR HIGHWAY quote (NOT) I can say this much about the officiating they are listening and trying to correct the problems and thats a BIG PLUS not only from the drivers but the fans..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Figure 8 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: