Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

The Pure Stock Class
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Ed

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mike I am not going to continue to argue with you over this. It is easy for me to see that you will not open your mind to see my point of view. And that's ok, you can continue to run the Truck, and try and make it faster, with no help from any "outsiders". How you figure you have more of a right than someone that doesn't live as close as you, is beyond me. You probably don't think I have much right to be there then also, considering I live in Genesee County. Does the same go with race fans Mike?? We shouldn't allow any fans from other tracks to attend Spartan either??

You say it isn't much fun for you when you get lapped by these drivers. Don't the drivers you consider to be "regulars" lap you also?? So that is ok?? Just as long as it isn't a driver that lives farther away from Spartan than you do??

Some people have more money than others. Some people have more resourses than others. Most of these people are more than willing to help those that may not be as fortunate. But it is awful hard to get any of that help, when you don't ask, and you only complain about getting beat.

You mentioned we have lost "countless" amount of drivers because we allow drivers from "other" tracks to compete at Spartan. Really?? I don't know of ONE, please, enlighten me. Because every other driver I have spoken with, LOVES competition, and welcomes it, and those who bring it.

Again Mike, I won't extend this debate any further. I wish you luck in all your races, and I do hope you do well. I will continue, as Sean will to, to hold you and all you race with up as the next Formula 1 drivers. You are genuially appreciated, and I mean that with every fiber of my being. I just wish you could open your mind a little here and try what I have suggested.

Big Ed Inloes
monzilla80

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mean to argue. Im sorry it came off like that. I try to be a reasonable man. You seem like a very inteligent man. I thought this was a discussion. To often there are situations at the track that go undiscussed little own solved. Im just using this opportunity to post my opinion and ask for change.

Now I know change is a pain. Change cost money. But we have a problem. Limited car count. There are 0 FWD Pure Stocks and a handful of RWD Pure Stocks on any given night. There has to be a long term solution to this ongoing problem. Other facilities are growing and doing very well. What are we doing wrong? Maybe we can all learn something from other drivers who have raced at other facilities.

Maybe the change in the Pure Stock class is having more experienced drivers come teach us. It wasnt approached like that. I never thought of that until now. Kudos to the officials for thinking of that. I do they are fast and have an extreme amount of knowledge about the cars. They may bring a new breed of Pure Stock driver to Spartan. If thats the case then we all have to step it up a notch and conform to the standards.

I did not mean to cause any problems. I do enjoy racing at Spartan. All I ask for is that I wont be the only one thinking outside the box. Putting yourself and your opinion out there bruises the pride. You get shot down. I know. I have taken my hits like a good rookie. Now would other please do the same and figure out ways to attract new drivers and increase car count.
allhailfaz13

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing that i dont het is why do the auto city and dixie cars want to come and drive all the way down here for 100 bucksthat just dont make sence that wont pay for the gas alone. the other thing is they have 60 series tires on there cars and they ran with us last year so dont they know our rules and why were they ever aloud to run????? they know the rules!! Question Question i just dont get it??
Big Ed

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I did not take any offense to your statements, and again, I want nothing but the best for the track, and ALL the drivers, no matter where they are from.

allhailfaz13,

Mike answered that earlier, it isn't about the MONEY. If it was, no one would race, because it is not a profitable business. Does it make sense for any Pure stock driver to race for $100?? The same can be said for every class out there. Do you think all drivers gas bills are paid for every night?? Every one of their cars are MUCH, MUCH heavier than most of the ones you see there every Friday. Our officials open the rules for Sunday Invitationals, just to get cars to come race with us from other tracks, that is the whole objective!!! That is why those tires are allowed. As for a regular Friday night, I'd need an actual official to comment on that.

I guess I am dumbfounded here on what some of you expect. It is almost like you do not want any NEW drivers to come to Spartan, almost like a dictatorship. I just wonder, if the shoe was on the other foot, and these cars were all finishing at the back of the pack, if the same complaints would be heard. I think not!!!
potter10

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u also can run 60 series tires. clame you run at ac or dixie and built your car to run there
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Personally I like to see new cars at our local tracks. Sure they might be faster, that just means we need to do our homework, try new things..within the rules or course..LOL. Some of our cars (spartan and sms) have done some good things since last season. Ian is faster, Drakes are always fast. I'd like to think my car (32) will be better than last year. Which by the way, im still a few weeks away probably.
The only thing i don't get is the tire rules. If the AC/Dixie cars are going to run at spartan on fridays, which they said they were. Track officials should let everyone run 60 series tires. If the track says that the AC/Dixie cars can no longer run those, they probably won't come back. Our local tracks need car counts. A change in rules is gonna cost someone more money. Either the AC/Dixie cars need to get 70 series tires or they change the rules and we need to get 60 series tires. I'd like to think the track officials would like their home cars to be more competitive. IMHO.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Big Ed

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said Steve!!!!
mod73

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey monzilla Why dont you ask around for help Dont think that truck cant run with them I race on the dirt up north a lot of ford rangers run up there and are fast believe me My family runs at spartan and springport I personly watched you the other nite your truck can be way faster than it is Have you scaled it Set the Caster/camber been done What gear you running sounds like you need more gear to me Take what you have and work with it My brother races the state cop blue 911 come ask me My name is Rick ill give you some help if i can have you asked to drop weight cause of the V6 Hey theres a lot of butts in those seats that would love to race but just cant And you will know someday why people travel to race for a little bit of money believe me money is not the only answer to be fast KNOWLEDGE is a racers best tool !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick Gokee jr
Jim Leasure

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should consider taking Rick up on his offer to help you get faster. That is a lot of experience and probably cost you the price of a hot dog and Coke. You will find that racers with experience typically go out of their way to help people solve their car problems. I'm not sure what it is but it just has something to do with racing and racers.
Big Ed

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every single one of the guys that come from the Eastside has said they will be more than happy to help, teach, assist, whatever the case may be. They are good racing people that will give you the shirt off their back if you needed it.

I've been saying that all along.

Last edited by Big Ed on Thu May 22, 2008 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
monzilla80

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been scaled. I now have adjustable caster/camber slugs in the I-beams. Im working with tire temps to determine steering adjustments. I have acess to gears from 2.73 to a broken 4.56. I have a Lincoln locker, an open carrier and am workin on getting a Lock-Rite. The 7.5" is limited on options.

I need a new cam, injectors, MAF and an ECU update.

My biggest problem is the 200lb wieght break isnt cutting it for a stock V6. I can drive a corner pretty good now. I cant hold anyone going straight. I get passed like im driving a truck or something.
LechotaRacingJ1

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys ive been following the post but i guess i should add some input. We definetley arent in this for the money by any means because wed be broke right now. We arent coming to spartan to make any enemies or anything like that. All we want to do is race just like anyone else does. We used to race at dixie on fridays then auto city on saturdays. now we cant do that so spartan is the only place to race.
As far as the rules go we are very close in most places but as ed said we are alot heavier, you guys are 3400 and we weighed in at 3572 so there is one advantage for you monzilla and we have to run 2 inch exhaust and i think you guys get 2.5. the tires on the front of my car were 70s and the rears were 65s and they said one night only then get 70s. so there you go hophally this will answer some questions for anyone and mike 999 if you need any help or have questions stop down and talk to us well help you out if we can. Ed thanks for havin us at Spartan and stickin up for us I look forward to comin back as much as possible

Jordan lechota
J1 Purestock
Sortabigg

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: good deal... Reply with quote

Jordan. Good deal man. You guys are some stand up racers. Most people never doubted your intentions. You just wanna race like the rest of us. Hopefully you can bring a few more of your gang from AC/Dixie with ya...then again not to many! lol just kiddin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
queenbee

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan:

We love having you guys here at Spartan and wish you would even come to Springport but I understand why you don't. I don't think theres one driver that is expecting to become "rich" off of local racing so as Steve said we know you guys aren't out there to make it and I believe you aren't coming to Spartan to make enemies either. Also, I was told that your 65 Series tires don't make you guys any faster than the 70's so I'm not even sure why that was put into the equation on you guys...but anyways welcome to Spartan this year and hopefully a lot more years to come. Very Happy

Caroline
Scorer @ Spartan/Springport Motor Speedway
Big Ed

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordon,

We do appreciate you and your Family choosing Spartan for your Friday night fun. I've watched you, and Nick for a while now and you all are a tribute to local short track racing.

In this thread I may of come off like I was just defending AC/Dixie area driver, but the truth be told, I will stick up for ALL drivers. There was no need to try and single anyone, or group out here. Every single one of you are racers that we admire, and need.

If someone was blasting Mike Higbee, I'd be just as quick to defend. We need ALL drivers to make the best show possible for our fans.

I thank each and every one of you!!!!

See y'all this weekend, let's go racin!!!!!!

Big Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Spartan Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: