Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

problem on 89 dodge shadow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4banger11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: problem on 89 dodge shadow Reply with quote

my shadow developed what i like to call a rev limiter issue at 4000 rpms. what wouild be causing this. replaced ecm, battery, tbi, checked timing, plug wires, plugs, etc. Any ideas or anyone else have this problem? Thanks.
goinincircles22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with my dodge shadow. It ran good up to about 4000 rpm. the problem was the fuel pump wouldnt maintain the proper fuel pressure and caused the engine to act like it was hitting the rev limit. I changed the fuel pump and the problem went away. Could also be the ecm. Check your fuel pressure before you change anything. Good luck.

John
todd metz sr.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had to buy a new fuel pump for the #79 daytona this week.
Go to Advance auto as they have a Bosch unit with the correct pressure range for our multiport for a list price of about 78 dollars.
Auto zone wanted over 100 dollars.
Ask for steve or brian if you go to the one in charlotte they are good people.
They can find the correct one for your tbi system.
In the bosch book there is listings for all different pressures and flow rates.
Todd jr. said if you are at springport saturday, he can give you the model number.
Hope this helps.
1st and only automatic pony in the 15's
Team Never Dead Racing Team Beacon
If you are not having fun while racing, Adjustments are definitely needed !!!!!
Mopar93

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is related to your map sensor. Either the map sensor is bad or you have a bad vacuum hose going to it. The vacuum hose might be sucking shut or have a crack in it. You might also have the vacuum hose connected to the wrong port on the throttle body.

When the computer detects a map sensor problem, it will limit the rpm's to about 4000 by shutting off the injector. That's why it cuts in and out similar to how it acts when it reaches the programmed rev limit.

-Maurice
4banger11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mopar 93. I replaced the MAP sensor and now at the shop I can easily turn 6000+ RPMs. I guess we'll see how it works on the track this weekend.

Note: I found this website via 4m and race in Eastern Iowa. Thanks agina to all for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: