Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

Pony Stock Tires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Pony Stock Tires Reply with quote

Has their been any consideration given to changing the tire rule to allow 15" tires and/or 60 series or 65 series tires ?

Its becoming more and more difficult to find 14" 70 series tires and many of the newer (think 2005+) model cars come stock with 16" or 17" aluminum wheels that 14" steel wheels just won't fit over.

That becomes an issue because you can't get a 15" tire with a 70 series sidewall in a 195 width.. it just doesn't exist.

Perhaps the envelope could be slightly expanded to a 205/60 series.. which is available in many different brands and in 14 and 15 and 16 inch sizes readily and inexpensively.
dhart

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Tires Reply with quote

I don't see anything in the rules that says you have to use 14" tires and wheels. Only requirements are they are stock size for the car with a maximum section width and minimum sidewall height. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
bigboiii22

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do need to do something about the tires. I say we go to 195 60 14
with a 200 rating. This gives us many more options. #21 pony stock
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Tires Reply with quote

dhart wrote:
I don't see anything in the rules that says you have to use 14" tires and wheels. Only requirements are they are stock size for the car with a maximum section width and minimum sidewall height. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

They don't make a 15" tire with a 70 series side wall and a 195 or smaller width.. so while the rule doesn't say "no 15 in tires", the rule effectively prohibits them though width and height combo..
dhart

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not on here to argue but if you punch in 195/70 15 on tirerack.com you will see tires to choose from.
lansingsportsrage.com

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhart wrote:
I'm not on here to argue but if you punch in 195/70 15 on tirerack.com you will see tires to choose from.

Those are D ply cargo tires or heavy vehicle tires.. just saying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pony Stocks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: