Back to the
main site

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The sole intent of this board is to provide an option to communicate quickly and effectively with the racing community. Any post considered to be mean-spirited in nature or contains false information will be deleted. Questions and comments are welcome and should be forwarded to spartanspeedway@gmail.com.
Click to View All Messages within 24 hours

what modified gear?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
racingmodracer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: what modified gear? Reply with quote

Hi I have a IMCA modified that I run at Onaway motor speedway and at Kinross speedpark and am thinking of bringing it down the 13th (same weekend as MIS) would like to know what gear would get me in the ball park for that track. any other setup help would be very helpfull also. thanks in advance, Mike
schinde

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a ford 9 inch, I am running a 5.83. I know some guys with quicks that are running 6.22's and up.

Tight bullring quarter mile. From what I knew of Onaway when I lived in Cheboygan, Spartan is banked higher, but similar in corner tightness.

Spartan is a fun, but tough track to figure out on a race night. Seems to change of its own accord when it wants to, just to irritate all of us who set up for a certain condition and find out we biffed it when the feature comes round.

C'mon down and have fun, it is a great track with good people in the mod class, and a first rate staff operating it.

have a good day,

schinde
racingmodracer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: gear Reply with quote

thanks Shinde for the reply, I am running a quick change and am running a 601 final right now but will bring a couple with me. thanks a bunch and I am looking forward to running down there. I run at Kinross and we also Have a great bunch of guys in the mod series. Makes for a fun night of racing regardles of the outcome. thanks again and I will look forward to meeting some of you there.

thanks
Mike Wieman #3 Mod
Tony_Pastorino

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran a 600 in my car when I ran up there. If you're close to that you shoul be fine.

Tony P.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Modifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: