Corrigan Oil Speedway is introducing a new “ULTRA ECONOMY” racing division for 2019 and beyond. The entire mindset on this class is for the novice, budget, economy minded or just for fun racer.
*Front Wheel Drives ONLY*:
Stock, stock, stock…. if it doesn’t say you can, DON’T.
• Any front wheel drive cars or mini vans with a minimum of 106-inch wheelbase are allowed to run up to 225/60/16. Under 106” wheelbase MUST run 70 series width tires. NO 50 series tire for any FWD.
•No 8 cylinder motors. No Hondas. No turbochargers, superchargers or nitrous allowed. No DOHC V6!
•Minivan incentive-If you race a minivan you will get an additional $20
to start and an additional $50 if you win!
•16 inch wheel max.
•Passenger car radials only! NO RACING TIRES! •No aftermarket wheels, stock OEM wheels only (must be stamped from factory) 7 1/2 inch maximum width with 4 inch minimum backspacing. 5/13/19 Safety wheel on right front ok
•Engine, transmission, and gas tank must remain stock and in stock locations. 5/22/19 Exception for fuel cell
•Fuel pump power shutoff switch required if you are using an external fuel pump. This must turn off with ignition key and no fuel lines allowed inside of car.
must be removed and replaced with exhaust pipe. Stock, single exhaust must exit behind driver
•4-point roll cage is mandatory (hoop with 2 down support bars is acceptable), hoop and halo
recommended. Must not extend past the rear strut.
•Bracing between front and rear struts is
•No cutting of any interior or exterior body panels. (except Drivers door for bars) Must retain all
body panels (trunk, hood, doors, fenders) and have no sharp edges. Bumpers may be replaced with
exhaust tubing only! Bumpers must be attached at no more than 4 points.
•All glass must be removed
except windshield. Windshield can be removed if there are (3) 3/8 bars securely welded behind opening in
front of driver. The windshield is a safety mechanism. If it is removed, only a safe bar mounting method will be accepted.
•All plastic and molding must be removed.
•1″ square tube May be used to reinforce front
radiator support, attached only to the support and down to frame at 2 points.
• Interior must be stripped
except front seat. Racing seat is recommended. Dash may be removed, stock belts must be removed and
replaced with a minimum of a 4pt harness.
•All airbags must be removed.
•Window net required on driver’s
•Hood and trunk latch must be removed and replaced with hood pins. Doors must be chained,
bolted or welded with no sharp points protruding.
•1” square rub rails allowed, must be securely attached
with round head bolts and ends must be capped.
• The Only suspension modification allowed is any
amount of camber on the right front wheel ONLY! May alter RF strut tower and steering knuckle to gain camber. All Modifications will be inspected and must be
considered safe by Tech.
•Fire extinguisher mandatory and should be mounted near the center of the car.
•Full face 2000 Snell automotive approved helmet mandatory with shield. Racing suit, racing gloves and
neck roll are mandatory.
*FWD CAR CLAIM PROCEDURES
AFTER THE FRONT WHEEL DRIVE FEATURE EVENT, THE TOP 5 MUST REPORT TO AND REMAIN AT THE SCALEHOUSE AREA FOR 5 MINUTES. TOP 5 WILL NOT RETURN TO PIT STALL OR WINNER TO VICTORY CIRCLE UNTIL RELEASED BY TECH. THE TIME PERIOD FOR MAKING ANY CLAIM ON THE TOP 5 IS EXACTLY 5 MINUTES FROM THE CHECKERED FLAG OF THE FEATURE. AFTER 5 MINUTES NO NEW CLAIM WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- CLAIM AMOUNT IS EITHER $750 CASH OUTRIGHT OR $350 CASH AND CLAIMERS CAR.
- DRIVER BEING CLAIMED HAS THE OPTION OF TAKING CASH OUTRIGHT OR CASH AND CAR OPTION
- $50 OF THE CLAIM AMOUNT GOES TO THE SPEEDWAY IN EITHER THE OUTRIGHT CLAIM OR THE CAR AND CASH CLAIM
- TO CLAIM ANY CAR YOU MUST HAVE COMPETED IN 5 PRIOR EVENTS THE SAME SEASON.
- CLAIMING DRIVER MUST DRIVE THEIR CAR TO THE CLAIM AREA UNDER ITS OWN POWER. IT WILL NOT BE AN ACCEPTED CLAIM IF THE CAR IS UNABLE TO GET TO CLAIM AREA ON IT’S OWN, OR IF IT IS OVERHEATED OR IN A POOR RUNNING CONDITION.
- TO BE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM, YOU MAY NOT BE IN THE TOP 5 IN POINTS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE RACE NIGHT.
- CLAIMED OR EXCHANGED CARS RETAIN ALL OF THEIR OWN SAFETY EQUIPMENT. CLAIMED DRIVERS HAVE 1 HOUR TO REMOVE WINDOW NET, FIRE EXTINGUISHER AND BRACKET, SAFETY BELTS, RACING SEAT AND BATTERY. (IF CAR HAS OEM SEAT, IT MAY NOT BE REMOVED.) (5/22/19 FUEL CELL REMAINS WITH CAR)
If you do not accept the claim you will lose all points and money for the night as well as an extra 50 point loss. You will not be allowed to compete in the next 2 consecutive nights of points races. The claimed car cannot be purchased by either the claimed car owner or driver during the rest of the racing season.
After 2 claim refusals you will lose all points and money for the night plus the extra 50 points and you will not be allowed to race in the FWD class for the remainder of the season.
NO CLAIM WILL BE ACCEPTED THE WEEK BEFORE CHAMPIONSHIP OR ON CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT. CLAIMING IS NOT MEANT TO BE A POINTS ALTERING STRATEGY. IT IS INTENDED TO BE A DETERRENT IN ANY PERFORMANCE ENHANCING EQUIPMENT INVESTMENT.
CORRIGAN OIL SPEEDWAY MAY ALTER ANY RULE IN ANY PART OF THIS PROCESS AT ANYTIME.
The entire philospophy of this division is an economy, fun, novice division or break from the high cost of racing division. If you are intent on investing in performance beyond the manufacturer of the car – you are choosing the wrong division. The track will be inspecting suspensions and engines and electronics at any time the track chooses. If anything other than the camber is altered on the right front suspension or if the engine is modified, the car will be disqualified from competition until it is returned to stock form. The class must remain at all times, where a novice can come and compete for the very first time, and have a possibility of winning.